Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Make This Job & Love It


  You may remember an old 1977 hit by Johnny Paycheck called "Take This Job & Shove It".  I don't know about standing the test of time, but I know that I remember hearing many a disgruntled employee or co-worker of mine mimicking the words to this song as they walked into work, or as they stood at the clock at 4:59, waiting for the last tick of the clock to punch out.
 
A few years ago, this song's title just stuck in my mind, and  after hearing someone else talk about the concept of "Doing What You Love & Loving What You Do", a positive derivative of this song title hit me:  MAKE THIS JOB & LOVE IT !

48 Days, LLC  I know we've all speculated and mulled over our life choices before.  There are many of you who love your jobs and wouldn't trade them for the world.  But many, many others are in a routine rut, and worse yet, have settled into a mental rut of allowing themselves to stop dreaming and planning for something better for themselves.  Many folks that I know are convinced that they neither have the skills and know-how, or the fortitude and will to get over the hump and go on to achieve their potential dreams or find any kind of meaningful lifestyle. 

  It is with this backdrop that I offer up this little site as a means and resource of information, tidbits, innovative or creative job and career ideas, and testimonies from people who are either searching for or have found their life's calling.

  Some of you might want to check out the book that's offered on this page, Dan Miller's "Low or No Cost Business Ideas". (see above) I've been a subscriber to Dan's regular e-newsletter for several years, and found his insights on business and careers to be a fantastic wealth of knowledge.  His expertise, experience and compassion for those of us who have not always found our niche has drawn me from the very beginning and kept me glued to him and his website.  You can find it at www.48days.com.  I'll be sharing some excerpts and links from 48 Days and other similar sites from time to time on this page.

  THANKS for checking in, and we invite you to come back often.  Hopefully this will be an extremely meaningful and resourceful site for many of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment